Financial Services Guide
What is the purpose of this Financial Services Guide?
This Financial Services Guide (FSG) provides you with information about Foresight Analytics and Ratings Pty Ltd (Foresight Analytics and Ratings) to help you decide whether to use the services it offers.
- the services offered by Foresight Analytics and Ratings;
- how instructions may be provided to Foresight Analytics and Ratings;
- how Foresight Analytics and Ratings is remunerated; and
- the details of Foresight Analytics and Ratings’ internal and external complaints handling procedures and how you can access them. Foresight Analytics and Ratings acts for itself and has authorised the distribution of this FSG to you.
Who is Foresight Analytics and Ratings?
Foresight Analytics and Ratings Pty Ltd (ABN 95 616 254 294) is a specialised research house. It provides investment ratings on managed funds and other investments services to fund managers and investment product sponsors. It also provides services to individual investors, self managed superannuation funds, financial planners and others who require its services to evaluate investment risks for various financial products (Services).
Foresight Analytics and Ratings value proposition is to provide independent, clear, timely and accessible service to assist investors gauge investment risk, complexity of investment products sold in the Australian investment market and asset allocation issue.
Foresight Analytics and Ratings’ Australian Financial Services (AFS) licence number is 494552. Foresight Analytics and Ratings acts for itself when providing the services under the AFS licence.
What services can Foresight Analytics and Ratings provide?
Under its AFS license, Foresight Analytics and Ratings may only carry on a financial services business to provide general advice by issuing investment ratings, research reports and decision tools to retail or wholesale clients.
It intends to provide investment rating services in respect of the following products and entities:
- Australian equity funds;
- International equity funds;
- Credit and fixed income funds;
- Property and real estate investment trusts;
- Multi-Asset funds
- Exchange traded funds (ETFs);
- Listed investment companies (LICs);
- Alternative investments including hedge funds; and
- Structured notes.
Investment ratings and product complexity assessments will be assigned according to published objective methodology.
What are Investment Ratings and Product Complexity Indicators?
An investment rating reflects Foresight Analytics and Ratings’ current opinion of a fund’s or investment’s ability to achieve its stated investment objectives in the medium term. The rating expresses a view on the expected consistency of the fund’s or investment’s performance within the peer/style groups and the ability of the manger to produce superior performance amongst its peers in the medium term. The rating of the fund or investment is intended to give an investor a general guide as to the appropriateness of an investment.
The Foresight Complexity Indicator (FCI) highlights the complexity of an investment by its terms and conditions’ structure and transparency that may affect the investor’s return.
Details and explanation of the investment rating scale and the product complexity indicators can be found on our website.
A dedicated website, www.foresight-analytics.com, provides:
- an explanation of investment rating symbology;
- disclosure of investment rating methodologies;
- the listing of current investments ratings; and
- current research reports.
Foresight Analytics and Ratings bases its research on information provided by the fund manager or product sponsor or obtained from sources considered reliable. Foresight Analytics and Ratings does not perform an audit or conduct any form of due diligence in connection with any investment rating and may rely upon unaudited information.
Investors should make their own inquiries. Information obtained subsequent to the investment rating being assigned may cause the rating to be changed or withdrawn at any time. Investors should refer to our website for the most recent rating and rating report.
Will you provide me with advice which is suitable to my needs and financial circumstances?
The provision of the investment rating services will entail the provision of general advice only. That is, the issuing of an investment rating will not take into account a client’s personal circumstances, financial situation or needs.
Before deciding whether to invest in a fund or a financial product rated by Foresight Analytics and Ratings, you must assess whether the information or general advice is appropriate to your particular needs, objectives and financial circumstances. If you would like assistance with this, you should consult an appropriately authorised financial advisor or broker before making any investment decision.
How do I give information to Foresight Analytics and Ratings?
You can give us information by telephone, post or email, using the details provided in this Guide. In some cases, however, you will need to provide us with your personal information to enable us to identify you and to provide our Services to you.
How will I pay for the Services?
Foresight Analytics and Ratings posts current investment ratings and rating reports to its website by advisor centre. There is no charge to access the site or this information.
How does Foresight Analytics and Ratings get paid?
The revenue of Foresight Analytics and Ratings is generated from engagement by fund managers and product sponsors to have managed investment schemes rated. A rating fee plus incidentals will be charged for a rating and a surveillance fee will be charged on each anniversary of the initial rating engagement. The fees generated may ultimately benefit the employees, directors or other associates of Foresight Analytics and Ratings. The remuneration of Foresight Analytics and Ratings personnel is not related to the performance of any rated funds or investment products.
What fee does the person who referred me receive?
We do not pay any fee or commission to any person who refers you to use our Services.
Disclosure of Interest
Foresight Analytics and Ratings does not have any relationships or associations which might reasonably be expected to be capable of influencing the way we provide our Services to you.
Foresight Analytics and Ratings is covered by a professional indemnity insurance in place that complies with section 912B of the Corporations Act and ASIC Regulatory Guide 126.
Who can I complain to if I have a complaint about the Services provided to me?
If you have a complaint about the Services provided to you, you should take the following steps:
- Contact us and tell us about your complaint.
- Alternatively, you can put your complaint in writing and forward it to:
The Compliance Manager
Foresight Analytics and Ratings Pty Ltd
208/33 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista
Sydney, NSW 2153
- We will endeavor to investigate and resolve your complaint and communicate our decision to you within 45 days. If you still do not get a satisfactory outcome, or if we fail to resolve your complaint within 45 day, you may be able to lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). You can write to AFCA at GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001 or call them on 1800 931 678 or visit www.afca.org.au.
When using Foresight Analytics and Ratings’ website or any of our Services, you will be providing us with your personal information. During the course of your relationship with us, we will also gather information about products and services provided to you.
Your personal information will be treated strictly in accordance with National Privacy Principles in the Australian Privacy Act. At any time, upon request, you may gain access to the information Foresight Analytics and Ratings holds about you in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
We have requested the information to manage and administer the Services provided to you and to keep you updated whilst you are a user of our Services and possibly other activities of Foresight Analytics and Ratings.
We may also be required to provide your personal information to the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, AUSTRAC, ATO and other regulatory and government bodies from time to time.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- our agents, employees and representatives;
- financial institutions and other similar organisations in connection with its corporate activities or that are nominated by you;
- external service providers and professional advisers that provide services to us;
- any organisation which you request us to or any persons acting on your behalf, including your financial adviser, broker, solicitor or accountant.Foresight Analytics and Ratings takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Date Issued: 5 March 2021
Foresight Analytics and Ratings Pty Ltd (ABN 95 616 254 294)
AFS Licence number: 494552.
208/33 Lexington Dr, Bella Vista
SYDNEY NSW 2153
Tel: (02) 8883 1369