REVIEW OF ASSET ALLOCATION TRENDS, ASSET CLASS AND MANAGER PERFORMANCE
- Institutional allocation to GFI has been rising in recent times.
- GFI sectors and asset class has done very well over year and decade on the back of falling rates around the world.
- In 2019, Emerging markets outperformed Developed market returns. UK, Canada, Italy and Australia amongst the best performers in DM.
- While yield dispersion across major segments remain high, investors need to avoid sectors with high risk, low returns.
- Active manager performance has been mixed across most styles, yield based style stands out the most.
- Dispersion of key portfolio and return drivers is very high amongst global fixed income managers.
- Investors need to compare managers of similar style to ensure apple to apple comps.
- Dispersion on performance and risk also very high, reflecting greater dispersion of style and factor biases.
For complete report click here